DSI Process Systems, a subsidiary of Statco Engineering, has an immediate opening for an experienced PLC Programmer/Service& Support Technician who will perform PLC & HMI programming, Hands on and remote trouble shooting and Customer support.
The primary responsibility of this position is to configure, commission, and test equipment based on customer specifications. This position will be technical support Tech and maybe responsible for project management activities.
Inspections, installation and startup of new equipment; Installation inspections including Mechanical and Electrical systems; Startup of complete scope of supply; Field testing per project specifications; coordinate and complete field installations of equipment; coordinate field work with Project Manager; work with outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, general, etc.); coordinate field equipment necessary for work completion (Tool shipment, etc.); troubleshoot and repair of existing equipment; Preventative Maintenance Services; Training of Field personnel in the operation and maintenance of supplied equipment.
- Two year technical degree, or 4 years of technical work experience.
- Experience with industry standard PLC manufactures such as Allen-Bradley control systems hardware and software,
- Thorough working knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, AC & DC drives and associated control systems in an industrial environment.
- Self-sufficient and able to work as a team member in a clean environment with high safety standards
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic drawings and blueprints related to engineering to successfully install and troubleshoot equipment.
This position will require a 50/50 split of time between office and field travel work.
Pre-employment drug testing and background checks conducted.