Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (SNBC) is recruiting for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER for the State of New York markets. We are looking for someone exceptional who can “wow” distributors, retailers, and his or her direct-report team members alike with their outstanding work ethic, their extensive beer knowledge, their passion for great beer, and their ability to grow Sierra Nevada’s business at the retail and distributor level. The goal is to distinguish Sierra Nevada by being the craft beer expert in the market who partners with distributors and retailers by identifying growth opportunities in the market, and developing effective strategies to achieve those opportunities. A commitment to the culture and values of SNBC, as well as a strong sense of the place of SNBC in the minds of our consumers, is essential to success in this position.
Please Note: Preference will be given to qualified candidates currently living in the Metro NYC area
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A thorough understanding of distributor workings
- A thorough understanding of the marketplace
- The ability to lead a team focused on reality-based business objectives
- The ability to conduct effective meetings with both team members and distributors
Experience & Education
- A proven history of effective team management, understanding of state codes for alcohol compliance, as well as familiarity with recruiting activities, including effective and legally compliant interviewing skills
- This position requires significant sales management experience, management of distributors in major markets and multiple states, outstanding people development and leadership skills, and solid strategic abilities with a demonstrated ability to grow a multi-million dollar revenue business to the next level
- Strong communication, organizational, and selling skills are a must
- Previous experience with inventory management is required
Addtional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying...
- A minimum of FIVE YEARS beer distributor management experience which includes a combination of distributor and/or supplier experience is required
- A minimum of 2-year college degree (or equivalent experience) required; 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Must be familiar with all or some of the responsible territory. Preference will be given to candidates currently living in the Metro NYC area.
- This position requires computer knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (including the ability to enter, retrieve and interpret data in spreadsheets), and the ability to learn and master Market Plan Tracker software
- This position requires extensive car and air travel, including up to 15 nights/month overnight stays
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last FIVE years
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check AND driver license check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
**Online applications will be accepted until Midnight Pacific Time on Monday, April 3, 2017**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer