Off Premise Beer Sales Representative - Atlanta, GA
Inspira isn't your typical experiential agency. Our focus is on one thing: people. Real people, and the values that they hold to be true. We're here to help our clients build genuine relationships with their audience - the kinds of relationships that create powerful, active communities around their brand.
Our insights-driven, collaborative approach to the work we do establishes better foundations to build campaigns and events on, by making sure at every step of the way that we're working towards one ultimate goal: making people care. We deliver award-winning campaigns for clients such as Microsoft, Diageo and Life Is Good, while devoting a portion of our profits to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
We are seeking Off-Premise Beer Sales Representatives for the South and Gulf region (GA, SC, NC, FL, TN). Representatives are responsible for calling on independent, small format accounts in a pre-assigned territory. As a member of the Inspira team, you will work alongside local Diageo Beer Company (DBC) team(s) and their distributor partners.
This is role requires travel weekly, Monday through Thursday, within assigned territory. The ideal candidate will have a passion for beer and desire a career in the beverage industry. Based on outstanding performance in this position, representatives can be considered for incremental job opportunities within Inspira Marketing and Diageo Beer Company across both on and off-premise channels.
Representative is responsible for driving distribution and supporting upcoming innovations for the Smirnoff Ice and Guinness portfolio by aiding in product sell in and executing against off-premise standards. A high emphasis is placed on driving off-premise volume growth and increased rate of sale through new points of distribution (85%), and increasing the visibility (15%) of products and maintaining proper brand standards through merchandising and display
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Collaborate with local distributor manager to create and manage 4-day sales route averaging 15 calls per day
- Establish and maintain a regular weekly schedule of account sales calls, crew drives and meetings
- Topics to Cover: Product sell-in, brand education, quality control, product placements and presentation
- Through weekly recaps of activity, communicate achievements and follow-up items amongst DBC sales team and distributor sales team
- Understand negotiating tactics by leveraging price points and variations within channels
- Collaborate with distributor to ensure product inventory is available
- Maintain proper brand positioning to standard
- Read and follow a planogram
- Maintain store shelf standards and inventory, including rotation of products, checking date codes, processing restocks and reorders as necessary
- Execute POS programs to standard
- Ensure compliance of all alcoholic beverage regulations
- Utilize online portal to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and territory progress
- Leverage VIP / iDig program to manage account volume and ROS
- Maintain open communication with field and HQ inclusive of weekly recapping and follow ups
- Maintain up to date monthly travel calendar
- Execute roles and responsibilities within allocated budget
- Keep necessary backup for monthly reconciliation
- Complete Out of Pocket (OOP) and credit card expense reporting on a weekly basis
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Must be 21 years or older
- 1-2 years previous industry experience preferred - sales experience in on / off premise working with beer wine or spirits
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Must live in Atlanta area
- Must have valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle capable of carrying large displays and merchandising, with clean driving record/background check
- Must be able to lift and move cases of product frequently
- Must be able to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, as needed
- Base salary with incentive opportunities including full, company paid benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, 401k and PTO)
Please note this job description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, current employment status or protected veteran status.