Packaging shift supervisor – Immediate Opening Full time
Left Hand Brewing Company is looking for an outstanding candidate to join our rapidly growing brewery in Longmont, CO., located in the heart of the foothills and gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. The Qualified candidate will work in a team based environment and be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift when necessary. You must have the interpersonal skills to function effectively within assigned teams.
- Supervising a team of technicians, both kegging, canning and bottling operations
- Training technicians on operating and maintaining equipment
- Supports and coaches the Packaging Continuous Improvement initiative including leading packaging technicians in root cause analysis and improvement activities
- Performing QA checks with lab equipment
- Assist in the hiring of Packaging employees
- Perform all the duties of a Packaging Technician
- Assure accuracy of all Packaging Logs and QA forms
Requirements and preferred experience:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills and math aptitude
- General maintenance background
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proven organization skills, record keeping, and effective document management
- Knowledge of beer and brewing process is preferable
- Ability to problem solve and develop solutions for complex situations and issues
- Excellent computer skills; ability to adapt to new software and proficient with all MS Office products
- Experience driving a forklift
- Energetic personality preferred
You will be a great fit for this position if:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a packaging brewery.
- You are a team player who’s willing to teach and learn, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You have relevant experience in a supervisory/management role
- You are highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- You have a strong desire for results and ability to bring projects to completion
- You are physically able to stand on your feet for 8 hours if needed
This position reports to our Packaging Manager.
This is a full-time salaried position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, ESOP, paid time off and of course world class beer. Proud to be an EOE.
How to apply:
If you love hard work and interacting with people as much as you enjoy craft beer, and you think you’re appropriately qualified and a good fit to work with us, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have time to write a cover letter, we might not have time to read your resume, truly. If you have completed the Gallup Strengths Finder please send your top 5 strengths. The subject line should have Packaging Supervisor (your name). Phone calls, solicitations (SM) and walk ins will not be accepted. If we feel you are a potential candidate, we will call you.
** This recruitment will remain open until filled**