Left Hand Brewing Company is searching for a Media Manager based in Longmont, CO. The focus of this position is to manages Left Hand Brewing Company’s message to the outside world via direct media outreach, media strategy and buying, social media activity, and content on lefthandbrewing.com as well as directing and mentoring the Brand Ambassador.
Requirements or preferred experience:
- Media buying
- Social media guru
- Versed in SEO and digital analytics
- Experienced in press outreach, pitching stories, being in front of and behind the camera
- Strong written and oral skills
- Knowledge of the beer industry is preferred
Public and Media Relations
- Oversees the ‘brewery voice’ in all verbal and written communications, internally and externally, including, but not limited to: media relationships, press releases, brewery statements, strategic angles and pitches, samples, interviews, photography and filming opportunities.
- Maintains and cultivates media relationships, including maintaining an active and relevant media distribution list.
- Researches and develops new opportunities across all different types of media to establish relationships and a presence with key media contacts.
- Stays on top of industry news and publications.
- Maintains digital ad tracking spreadsheet.
- Continually monitors public temperament, and alerts team of potential pitfalls and plans accordingly.
- Ensures Brand Ambassador engages with the public and media across all designated events, cultivates brand loyalty, and creates memorable customer experiences.
- Identifies paid media with greatest exposure to target demographic.
- Assists Marketing Director in all aspects of media, including, but not limited to: strategic planning, media planning, execution, buys and trade for corporate branding, campaigns, beers and markets.
Social Media (SM)
- Oversees all SM channels, online profiles, and third party applications, including, but not limited to: content strategy, brand cohesion, brewery voice, ROI, and demographic data.
- Researches social media and beer industry trends, news, and tools; pursues educational opportunities.
- Acts as the point of contact for all social media.
- Oversees all brand newsletter communication: Internal, Distributor, and Consumer, including, but not limited to: content creation, distribution, and performance.
- Collaborates with the Design Manager on all websites, including, but not limited to: strategic layout, event content, promotional pages, individual webpage maintenance, and sticker sighting submissions.
- Manages and maintains Left Hand Blog.
- Utilizes Google Analytics to monitor consumer audience, engagement, and user flow for general performance and objectives for reaching marketing goals.
Official Brewery Documents and Information
- Creates and maintains all official informational and historical company documents including, but not limited to: Brewery history, beer background information, Awards, and Brewery Archive materials.
- Oversees and manages specific Marketing budgets, as well as capital expense requests and presentations.
- Analyzes all budgets on a regular basis to ensure appropriate spending.
You will be a great fit for this position if:
- You are enthusiastic and driven
- Are both creative and data driven
- Fluent in digital analytics
- Live and breathe social media
- You are independent and can work autonomously as well as on team
- You have a love of craft beer
- You are patient with a teacher’s spirit
- You are highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- You have a strong desire for results and ability to bring projects to completion
This position reports to our Marketing Director.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), paid time off and of course world class beer.
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you love hard work and interacting with people as much as you enjoy craft beer, and you think you’re appropriately qualified and a good fit to work with us, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you do not have time to write a cover letter, we might not have time to read your resume, truly. Subject line should have Media Manager (your name). Walk-ins, hard copies and phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are a potential candidate, we will call you. We do not cover relocation costs. Closes: March 3, 2017. (We reserve the right to close the position sooner) Please check our website: www.lefthandbrewing.com to make sure position is still actively open.