JOB TITLE: Lead Store Clerk
LOCATION: Bell’s General Store
REPORTS TO: General Store Operations Manager
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Hourly Non-exempt
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 11/08/2017-12/03/2017
POSITION SUMMARY: As a key member of the General store, the Lead Store Clerk will be responsible for all day-to-day General Store activities and oversight of on-duty staff. Additionally the Lead Store Clerk will be responsible for the training of new and existing General Store staff to ensure customer service expectations are upheld. Responsible for the development and facilitation of homebrew and beer training to external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc. and is accountable for the safety of his/her reports.
• Leads all day-to-day General Store activities on assigned shift and ensures Bell’s quality standards are upheld.
• Leads and motivates staff to accomplish additional tasks.
• Upholds all policies and procedures according to handbook and department.
• Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and the company.
• Responsible for scheduling of general store staff.
• Monitors staff attendance records and reports any problems to the General Store Operations Manager.
• Tracks and records general store staff performance through documentation, reports any problems to the General Store Operations Manager.
• Coordinates with General Store Operations Manager to effect disciplinary measures if necessary.
• Conducts annual performance reviews to direct reports.
• Actively engages his/her team towards developing their professional goals.
• Trains all new store clerks, fulfillment clerks, and online store coordinators.
• Responsible for preparing and facilitating homebrew and beer training for both internal and external customers.
• Assists general store staff in describing beers offerings to customers to ensure they find their desired item(s).
• Answers telephone and passes callers to the proper authority.
• Accurately tenders money and give change for purchases made in the store.
• Upholds visual presentation throughout the store (clean, dust, and organize) and warehouse. Ensures other store staff does the same.
• Ensures proper Open/Close duties are performed.
• Responsible for making customer service decisions while on-duty to address customers concerns and inquiries.
• Fully knowledgeable of all employee discounts, policies regarding beer, food, payment, guests, logs, tickets, etc.
• Works with other store leadership to develop store policies, discounts, online packages, promotions, etc.
• Informs and educates general store staff on news and existing policies to ensure consistency.
• Assists with inventory control and ordering needs as determined by the General Store Inventory Manager.
• Helps with transporting inventory from storage to retail floor, as needed.
• Assists with fulfilling online orders and promotion, as necessary.
• Flexible schedule, nights, weekends, and early mornings required
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
• On duty Store Clerks, Fulfillment Clerks, Online Coordinators
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Multi- line phone system
• Computers (Primarily Excel and Word)
• General office equipment (copier, printer, fax, scanner)
• Credit card machine
• Retail Management System (Microsoft Dynamics)
• Company vehicle
• Parcel shipping equipment
• Motorized grain mill
• Growler filling station
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfort addressing diverse groups.
• Computer skills necessary to quickly learn Bells’ software systems.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards who will positively represent Bell’s Brewery both internally and externally.
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
• Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
• Self-motivated with good time management skills.
• Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Previous customer service experience
• Experience in a leadership role
• Extensive beer knowledge
• Knowledge of home brewing process
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Prior money handling experience
• The love and passion for craft beer is a must!
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to be on your feet and walk a majority of the time; walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 58 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs, and occasionally maneuver 165 lb kegs
• Ability to stay focused during long hours
• Ability to remain on feet for long periods of time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Work is primarily performed in a retail setting.
• Will frequently spend time in warehouse and cooler storage areas.
• Alcohol-serving environment