Florida Beer Company, located in warm and sunny Cape Canaveral, Florida, is seeking a full-time Lead Packaging Operator to join its winning team. We are looking for people passionate about packaging to join our growing packaging team. The Packaging Lead is a position of leadership with opportunity for growth within Florida Beer Co.
Our ideal candidate will have leadership experience in high-speed packaging of beer or other beverages a can do attitude, and the willingness to break down obstacles and create solutions to meet quality and production goals. The Lead Packaging Operator is a hands-on position that will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of production equipment and ensuring packaging operations remain on schedule.
- Must work Tuesday - Saturday with some occasional overtime, depending on production needs
- Maintain a safe working environment within the packaging department at all times
- Developing packaging SOP’s and standards with safety & efficiency in mind
- Ensure a clean, sanitary, and “showcase brewery” work environment all of the time
- Schedule and perform setup, startup, shutdown, cleaning, and change overs
- Perform weekly and monthly inventory management duties for all production materials
- Perform in a variety of capacities, specifically packaging equipment operation and mechanical troubleshooting while maintaining quality standards
- Working with finished beer in an aseptic manner
- Assist with machine change over and resets for various packaging types and sizes
- Assist maintenance with PM’s and overhauls as needed
- Demonstrating initiative, team leadership, and self-motivation on safety, performance, and quality
- Communicating effectively with team member and superiors of conditions of operations, productivity, safety, quality of packages, etc.
- Excitement to meet growing demands and perform other duties as needed and assigned
- Eagerness to be part of a growing team with safety, accountability, professionalism, teamwork and fun in the forefront of the culture
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience with high speed repetitive manufacturing experience in food or beverage production/packaging
- 3 years’ experience with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Pallet jack and forklift operating experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to express oneself in both written and verbal communication
- Proficient with MS office suite of software, primarily excel, and word
- A “no job is too small” attitude
- Ability to take direction well, follow verbal and written SOP’s
- Previous 5 years of experience in packaging leadership roles or packaging operator in a moderate to large sized brewery or beverage manufacturing facility highly preferred
- Previous experience with scheduling, planning and staffing
- Able to work in an excessive-heat warehouse environment (hot and humid Florida weather) with elevated noise level
- Capable of standing for long periods of time and to perform physically demanding work
- May need to lift up to 75 pounds
- Capable of safe and competent work on and around potentially hazardous machinery, equipment, chemicals and systems
- The successful candidate will require a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record
Florida Beer Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and compensation will be based on experience. Florida Beer Co. offers subsidized health insurance or full-time employees along with vision and dental benefits, paid vacation and other benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to the email listed.
Let’s get brewing!