RJ Brewing Solutions, A venture of Sino Trade Corporation, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Microbrewery equipment in India. Since 2008, the company has successfully commissioned over 60 microbreweries, each of which are tailor made to the client’s requirements from our world class manufacturing setup. The Company is launching a new brand of Craft Beers. The initial launch will be in Seoul, South Korea, and subsequently in other South East Asian countries. The market in this region in growing steadily, and the consumer’s preferences are strongly shifting towards Craft Beer.
To join us in our new project we are looking for a Head Brewer to become an integral part of the team, drive the brewery operations, and become a part of the Company’s growth story. We aim to replicate our business model across various cities/countries in Asia, thereby providing a platform for immense internal growth. This job will also provide the opportunity to work & live in different countries, and it goes without saying that the Head Brewer should love travelling, is flexible and keen to absorb different cultures and experiences.
Company Website - www.microbreweryindia.com
Position – Head Brewer
Location – Seoul, South Korea
Job Start Date – 1 April 2018
Create/Develop Nurturing beers from idea to reality
- Demonstrate deep understanding of craft beer while studying emerging trends and potential market opportunities for the beers.
- Showcase creativity and finesse in piloting new recipes from idea generation to production
- Yeast management and propagation
- Manage flow of raw materials and keeping track of all supplies (lab supplies, safety supplies, brewing supplies and beer raw material)
- Ensure production goals are met by closely planning production cycles for various beers
- Quality Control – Maintain a spotless brew house and ensure strict sanitation process. Clean beer lines and regularly test product for consistency and quality
- Mentor junior brewers and support training efforts.
- Interact with clients and general public as an ambassador for the Company; includes attending brewery events, beer festivals, brewery tours, beer events/tastings.
- Assist with ideation of the strategic and marketing efforts when required.
- Over 5 years of experience primarily as a Head Brewer, an/or within a Pub Brewery
- Formal brewing/engineering education or relevant experience
- Proven experience in recipe formulation, and ability to bring formulation to the consumers
- Must have a strong focus towards brewing of craft beer; and should be able to demonstrate the same via subtle nuances in recipes
- Must become competent in all brewing functions related to raw materials, brew house, fermentation, aging, cold processing, packaging (Kegging & Growlers) and utilities.
- Should be quality conscious, and good at conducting, recording and interpreting beer quality analysis
- Knowledge of the barrel aging processes a plus.
- Self-starter, proactive - able to work independently and shows initiative to make things happen and improve results.
- Resourceful with a 'get-it-done, can-do' attitude. Must be able to function at a high level in a dynamic environment
- A passion for craft beer, an excellent work ethic, and a desire to lead our brewing team and to help the Company grow
- Negotiable - based on experience
- Accommodation, Insurance, Travel (One return ticket per year to home country), and other human resource benefits will be provided.
- In future the Company is open to giving Employee Stock Options
If you think you are a good fit for the role, please send a COVER LETTER and RESUME to Jay Jafa (email@example.com) at the earliest.