Job Title: Head Brewer
Company: St. Francis Brewery & Restaurant
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Industry: Craft Beer
St. Francis Brewery & Restaurant was established in April 2009 in the City of St. Francis, Wisconsin. Since 2009 St. Francis Brewery has flourished as a premier Brewpub with great signature dishes with many menu items infused with its freshly brewed beer. In 2013, St. Francis Brewery began selling its bottled and kegged beer to hundreds of retailers in Wisconsin under the Seven Deadly Sins brand series. In 2014 St. Francis Brewery partnered with the Milwaukee County Parks to own and operate one of Milwaukee's premier Beer Gardens.
St. Francis Brewery and Restaurant continues to brew new and exciting beers and always working on finding effective ways to market its beer into the hands of our consumers. St. Francis Brewery is family owned and is always looking for good people with a strong work ethic and new creative ideas.
- Responsible for completing all of the day-to-day activities necessary to make high quality beer.
- Brewing education preferred but are not required
- Recipe formulation necessary, barrel aging, souring, cask conditioning
- Ability to follow recipes consistently to match each beer profile
- Yeast handling, including laboratory cell counts, pitching and cropping yeast
- Detailed record keeping and quality control recording
- Ability to follow standard brewery operating procedures
- Ability to order and maintain grain and yeast inventories
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Self-motivated with good time-management skills
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, pulling hoses and lifting may items up to 165 pounds
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous materials
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls