POSITION: Key Account Manager - East
LOCATION: Candidate must be based in close proximity to one of the following cities - Pittsburgh, PA / Buffalo, NY / Rochester, NY / or Washington, DC
JOB LEVEL: Experienced (non-supervisory); exempt
REPORTS TO: Sales Division Director
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Build, develop, and maintain customer relationships with key accounts
• Direct calls on corporate buyers, sell in initiatives such as new brands and packages, marketing promotions, etc.
• Assist with GLBC pricing strategies and improving share of visibility of our brand (i.e. merchandising) and permanent point-of-sale through retail execution
• Assist with sales forecasting and strategic plans based on business and customer needs/priorities
• Conduct work-withs on a regular basis with chain distributor reps
• Work with the various distributors and GLBC area managers to measure results
• Ensure proper execution of pricing and promotional programs
• Analyze VIP and IRI data and monitor and communicate competitive activity
• Complete daily recaps and weekly/monthly reporting to Sales Division Director
• Meet targets and expectations, measured by sales reports, monthly distributor reports, expense reports, and other agreed upon data
• Complete required administrative duties, including but not limited to weekly reports, forecasts, etc.
• Other duties and projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, or business preferred
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a sales role required, preferably in a position which involved working with distributors, and knowledgeable about the three-tier system
• Prior experience calling on Off Premise Chain/Corporate buyers
• Proven experience with analyzing data such as VIP, IRI, Nielson, etc., using this to develop and deliver detailed presentations
• Proven ability to manage customer relationships, develop business plans, focus on goals/objectives, and deliver results
• Excellent consultative selling skills with proven success in working with key accounts
• Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
• Proven experience with analyzing data such as VIP, IRI, Nielson, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and manage distributors, potential accounts, and retailers
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Must be computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office programs and sales tracking tools
• Valid driver’s license with a driving record considered acceptable based on our insurance company’s matrix; reliable vehicle required
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings and weekends)
• Willingness to travel out of area, as needed
• Strong knowledge of the Craft Beer industry
Please apply online by visiting the link below.
No phone calls will be accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.