Community Outreach & Events Manager Position:
Do you love Longmont? Do you love making deep connections with people? Do you enjoy putting on events that help raise money for causes bigger than yourself?
Left Hand Brewing Company is searching for a Community Outreach & Events Manager based in Longmont, CO. The right person loves our local community, develops and executes High Five events, and assists the Tasting Room in generating additional revenue through community events, which elevate the Left Hand Brewing brand in the greater Colorado region.
Requirements or preferred experience:
- Proven experience engaging the local community, empowering volunteers, and securing sponsors for events
- Analytical and creative thinking, with problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Great communication, organization, and negotiation skills.
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff, all while meeting deadlines.
- Booking/Talent Buying a plus
- Event Planning a plus
- Brewery experience a plus
Overall Responsibilities & Expectations
- Acts as the vocal advocate of the Longmont community by developing, funding, coordinating, and executing High Five events, including, but not limited to: Hops + Handrails, Leftapalooza, Longmont Oktoberfest, and NitroFest.
- Acts as a community builder in the Tasting Room by nurturing members, guests, and volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Acts as an ambassador of the brewery; explains in detail the brewery’s history, current community involvement, beer portfolio and short- and long-term vision.
- Engages heavily in the local community and strengthens relationships, including, but not limited to the following: non-profit organizations, boards and committees, television shows, and radio spots.
- Solicits local businesses, non-profits, and individuals to book group events within the TR.
- Serves on the Left Hand Brewing Foundation Board of Directors, ensuring the organization acts as a legitimate non-profit organization, including, but not limited to: maintaining 501(c)3 status, regularly scheduled board meetings, donor support, application and grant processing, and relevant documentation and reporting.
You will be a great fit for this position if you have:
- A love of craft beer, community, and live music
- A contagious enthusiasm for engaging the local community and securing sponsors
- An enjoyment of public speaking
- Exceptional communications, both written and oral
- A high level of organizational skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- A love of making a difference
This position reports to our Marketing Manager.
This is a full time salaried position with potential for bonus based on performance. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), paid time off and of course world class beer. Proud to be an EOE.
How to apply:
If you love hard work and interacting with people as much as you enjoy craft beer, and you think you’re appropriately qualified and a good fit to work with us, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you do not have time to write a cover letter, we might not have time to read your resume, truly. If you have completed the Gallup Strengths Finder please send your top 5 strengths. The subject line should have Community Outreach & Events Manager (your name). Phone calls and walk ins will not be accepted. If we feel you are a potential candidate, we will call you. ** This recruitment will remain open until filled.**