POSITION: CDL B Driver
HOURS: Full-Time Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: Hourly + Piece Pay
Harpoon is seeking a highly motivated CDL Deliver Driver for our product delivery routes throughout the Greater Boston area. The ideal candidates primary responsibilities will include driving a CDL class B truck on daily delivery route, making stops and deliveries to Harpoon retail accounts. All qualified applicants must have a clean CDL-B license and a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a Class B Commercial Driver’s License or greater - Driving a 26ft tandem-axle straight truck (CDL B, 54k lb GVWR)
- Must be able to demonstrate safe, responsible driving habits and parking maneuvers
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and maneuver 135lb kegs and 35lb cases and take them up and down stairs as required
- Must be able to utilize mobile handheld computers for the purpose of invoicing customers for their deliveries
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure truck is loaded with correct amount of cases and kegs
- Drive scheduled delivery route
- Deliver Harpoon products to Boston area retail accounts (bars, restaurants, package stores) utilizing a hand truck
- Ensure correct amount is invoiced to customer, and that payment is collected when necessary
- Account for all returnable items to Harpoon (empty kegs, bottles, old beer, breakage) and that payments are deposited in the safe
- Monitor product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety and quality issues.
- Responsible for frequently documenting and reporting; Completing inventory, quality and shut down logs.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, safe material handling, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB GRADE: Firkin