BREWING MANAGER – GREAT DIVIDE BREWING COMPANY - DENVER, CO
Great Divide Brewing Company, an award-winning regional craft brewery located in Denver, Colorado, is adding to its Brewing Team!
This position’s primary responsibilities will be the oversight of the production of wort, cellar work and beer filtration on a daily basis. The Brewing Manager position is a full-time position and will report directly to the Senior Director of Brewery Operations. Additionally, the Brewing Manager is responsible for the brewery’s quality assurance program, and is a key contributor to the Brewery’s new beer and product development process.
This position will be based out of Denver, Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Leading a team in producing a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Writing and communicating a shift schedule for all brewing and cellar staff.
- Building and maintaining a strong team of motivated and educated employees.
- Writing, updating, delivering and enforcing standard operating procedures for the department.
- Ensuring clean and sanitary equipment and working environment.
- Managing raw materials inventories and materials contracts.
- Analyzing and reporting on all brewing operations and efficiencies.
- Completing, entering and maintaining daily production records.
- Scheduling and overseeing repairs and maintenance on all brewing and cellar equipment.
- Working with the department heads and production team to create and improve processes that encourage safety, quality and efficiency.
- Proactively managing yeast health and beer fermentations.
- Managing barrel aged and sour beer programs.
- Managing the pilot beer program including creating new and unique processes and beer recipes.
- Overseeing the cask beer program.
- Leading departmental meetings.
Education, Experience and Certification/License Requirements:
- At least 10 year of experience as a professional brewer.
- Proven success in a leadership role managing 10 or more employees in a brewery setting.
- Extensive experience and understanding of preventive maintenance, team motivation and management, ordering and inventory management, record keeping and data analysis.
- Extensive experience and understanding of the brewing process, sanitation, yeast health and fermentation and beer transfer and clarification.
- Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans.
- Experience in the theories and production of sour beer styles.
- Formal brewing education preferred.
- Advanced computer proficiency including MS Office Suite.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to work with others.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Strong ability to teach/mentor and motivate all types of individuals.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced sensory analysis skills.
- Artistic vision coupled with creative thinking.
- Strong overall understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
We offer a full benefits package, incentive plan, and 401K.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to CoolJobs.Brewing@greatdivide.com with the subject line “Brewing Manager”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.