Sixpoint is a Brooklyn, NY-based craft brewery, born out of an 800 square foot garage in Red Hook in 2004 by homebrewer Shane Welch. We are currently seeking a star coordinator in our business department.
About the Opportunity:
The Brewhouse Intern works directly with the Brewing Team and gains experience in all aspects of the brewing process and also ensuring the brew house stays clean and runs efficiently.
Recipe for Success:
- Passion for people and beer
- Home brewer who wants to learn more about brewing in a professional setting
- You have experience in successfully creating beer recipes
- Increased industry expertise, through brewing and training opportunities
- A “marathon mindset” – meticulous planner, tenacious and determined
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and unimpeachable integrity
- Highly motivated, self-starting and resourceful
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Cicerone Level I / Level II Certification preferred
- Effective time management, particularly ability to multitask, prioritize and plan around different responsibilities and initiatives
- Gather, clean and palletize dirty kegs
- CIP of fermentation and conditioning vessels and scrub outside surfaces
- Weigh and handle malt
- Assist with the loading of raw materials and process aids in the product at various production stages
- Muck-out spent grain from mash-tun
- Collect fermentation gravities
- Maintain accurate inventory
- Assist with general brewhouse cleaning and maintenance
- Assist brewer's with ad hoc tasks and projects
- Safely drive forklift to transport materials
- Pursuing a college degree (or equivalent)
- Must be 21 years of age or older by May 1st of application year
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Biology, Chemistry or Brewing Sciences majors preferred
- Love for people and beer a must
A variety of benefits including: school credit, monthly metro card, daily team lunches, opportunity to sample new and experimental brews, free delicious craft beer and fun beer fueled events.
Mad Scientists Only Need Apply:
We are the Mad Scientists. We are grounded in fundamentals, emancipated by our imagination; we are ahead of our time. We believe in living on the fringe, and surfing on the cusp. We are not afraid to take risks, because we believe in each other and we believe in ourselves. We believe the ultimate formulations are out there in our universe, and we must find them. Our highest truth is authenticity. We believe in connecting people through stories, formulas, design and culture. Innovation through formulation. Beer is culture! Lead the Charge.