Melvin Brewing is seeking an experienced brewer to help us make beer from the future in beautiful Alpine, WY. We are currently operating a 30 bbl, 4-vessel brewhouse in a 20,000 square foot brewing facility among the mountains and rivers of western Wyoming. We are looking for someone who can complement our vision with his or her skillset.
This is a ground floor opportunity with a small brewery of IPA renown taking the next step. The right candidate will be responsible for daily operation of a 30 bbl brewhouse and all equipment involved to produce a variety of beer styles in strict adherence to Melvin Brewing’s process, quality and safety standards.
Duties include, but are not limited to, all requisite duties for hot- and cold-side brewery operations:
· Malt handling and brewhouse processes
· Fermentation monitoring
· CIP/SIP of all brewery vessels
· Operation of GEA separator
· Wort and beer transfer
· Yeast pitching/health management
· Manual cleaning
· Basic brewery equipment maintenance
· Keg washing/filling
· Canning line operation
· Facilities maintenance
· Raw material and finished product handling (forklift and other equipment operation to warehouse and load/unload trucks)
Job Requirements/Ideal candidate info:
Unmitigated passion for beer and the work it takes to make it
At least 2 years experience performing above duties at mid- to large-size craft brewery
Quality-minded professional who always strives to improve
High level verbal and written communication capacity
Team player with appreciation for combining efforts with others to achieve a common goal. This entails stepping into roles one may not have thought would be involved with the position such as full time cellar work, packaging operations, kegging operations, facilities maintenance, equipment installation/removal and representing Melvin Brewing at any number of events to promote our beer
Flexibility in schedule to permit brewer to work days, nights and weekends as needed
LAB EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE A PLUS
Must have reliable transportation
Full mobility and physical capability to safely and effectively work in a brewery environment including:
· Standing up to 10 hours per shift
· Stooping, bending, crouching, reaching
· Manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
· Lifting up to 55 pounds to shoulder height repetitively
· Working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
· Ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
· Great palate for beer with sharp olfactory and taste senses
Love of the outdoors and having fun in them whether it’s skiing, hiking, mountain-biking, fishing, rafting, kayaking, snowmobiling or all of the above.
Alpine is located about 40 miles south of Jackson Hole, WY, gateway to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. Our brewery is located on the banks of Palisades Reservoir and the Snake River, with two more rivers and vast wilderness all around.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com if interested in the position and to get more information. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Melvin Brewing Recent Awards
Alpha King Champions 2012 & 2013 – 2X4 Double IPA
Gold GABF – Fresh or Wet Hop Ale 2016 – Melvin IPA
Bronze GABF – Fresh or Wet Hop Ale 2015 – Melvin IPA