Inspira isn't your usual experiential agency.
Our focus is on one thing: people.
Real people, and the values that they hold to be true.
We're here to help our clients build genuine relationships with their audience, the kinds of relationships that create powerful, active communities around their brand.
Our insights-driven, collaborative approach to the work we do establishes better foundations to build campaigns and events on, by making sure at every step of the way that we're working towards one ultimate goal: making people care.
We are seeking a Beer Sales Representative for our Boston territory. The ideal candidate will have passion for beer! This is a fun, relationship-driven business that requires sales ability, dedication and exceptional servicing skills.
Our beer representative works autonomously to ensure the successful sale, volume growth and distribution of the Guinness portfolio in current market area accounts throughout the assigned territory. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing on-premise accounts through customer relations, quality control, proper merchandising and promotions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for forming relationships with on-premise accounts and increasing sales and distribution of our products.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Responsible for 100 core accounts
- Establish and maintain a regular weekly schedule of account appointments including sales calls, and work-withs and distributor meetings
- Product sell-in, brand education, quality control, product placements, presentation new account openings and key contacts
- Work closely with local brand representative to achieve goals
- Aggressively pursue new opportunities for on-premise distribution
- Impact local market to increase volume sold within target accounts
- Collaborate with distributor to ensure proper product inventory is present
- Grow brand presence within existing accounts
- Understand negotiating tactics and variations within channels
- Achieve weekly/monthly goals and sales quotas
- Implement quality control practices at on-premise accounts based on training and brand standards
- Maintain proper brand positioning to standard
- Execute POS programs to standard
- Ensure compliance of all alcoholic beverage regulations
- Assist in executing impactful promotions and educational presentations, both independently and with team members, at on-premise accounts
TRAINING + KNOWLEDGE:
- Diageo brand/product(s)
- Romancing beers to include ingredients and pairings
- Brewing process, history, quality and current trends
- Utilize on-line database to track all territory progress
- Complete administrative tasks within outlined deadlines
- Maintain open communication with field and HQ
- Execute roles and responsibilities within allocated budget
- Keep necessary backup for monthly reconciliation
This full-time role offers a competitive salary plus a bonus, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k and PTO.
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, current employment status or protected veteran status.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Must be 21 years or older
- 0-2 years demonstrated sales experience, preferably of beers, wines and spirits
- Previous retail, on-premise, or off-premise work experience is a plus
- Bartender, Waitress, Bar Management, etc.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Must live in assigned territory
- Must be an active listener – understanding your account's goals can only be achieved by listening to their needs and fulfilling those needs
- Must have valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle with clean driving record/background check
- Must be able to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, as needed